Vitamin C serum for blemish-prone and oily skin types.
Silymarin CF is our breakthrough vitamin C serum for oily and blemish-prone skin that combines 0.5% silymarin (milk thistle extract), 15% l-ascorbic acid, 0.5% ferulic acid and 0.5% salicylic acid to help prevent oil oxidation that can lead to breakouts, and visible signs of ageing.
This oil-free formula is clinically demonstrated to reduce oil oxidation by up to 76%, as well as reduce oiliness, refine skin texture, and visibly improve skin clarity and fine lines.
Provides advanced antioxidant protection from environmental aggressors. Helps prevent oil oxidation that can lead to breakouts. Reduces oiliness. Minimises pore appearance and refines skin texture. Improves skin clarity, radiance, and uneven skin tone. Improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Provides advanced antioxidant protection from environmental aggressors,
- Helps prevent oil oxidation that can lead to breakouts,
- Minimises pore appearance and refines skin texture,
- Improves skin clarity, radiance, and uneven skin tone,
- Improves the appearance of fine lines,
- Reduces oiliness.
The measure of an antioxidant is not only its environmental protection, but its visible results. Silymarin CF clinical studies show a reduction in oiliness, refined skin texture, and an improvement in skin clarity, fine lines, and overall appearance.
Reduces oil oxidation by up to 76% (Statistically significant change from baseline (p <0.001).
Protocol: Sebum collected from the forehead of 35 subjects in China with oily skin, after 4 weeks of Silymarin CF use. The ratio of squalene to squalene peroxides was measured).
After 1 week, a 16% reduction in oiliness (Statistically significant change from baseline (p≤0.05).
Protocol: A 12-week, single-center clinical studies conducted on 60 men and women ages 18-50 with oily and blemish-prone skin. Silymarin CF was applied once daily in conjunction with a sunscreen. (Brazil, 2020)).
At 4-weeks 12% improvement in overall appearance, 13% improvement in clarity, and 13% improvement in Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. After 8 weeks, a 25% improvement in clarity, 38% improvement in texture, 24% improvement in fine lines, 38% improvement in radiance, 28% improvement in skin tone evenness, 41% improvement in overall appearance (Statistically significant change from baseline (p≤0.05). Protocol: an 8-week, single-center clinical study conducted in the USA on 55 women ages 25–50 with mild to moderate signs of photodamage. Silymarin CF was applied once daily in conjunction with a sunscreen).
This vitamin C serum for oily skin targets a specific type of free radical skin damage caused by oil oxidisation. Research increasingly shows that when the skin’s oils oxidise, the resulting free radical damage can trigger inflammation and bacteria leading to the formation of blemishes.
As a potent antioxidant, vitamin C can protect the skin from daily environmental aggressors including UV radiation and pollution. These aggressors further oxidise skin oils, which is why vitamin C is well suited for a serum for oily skin.
Scientific studies show that using Silymarin CF vitamin C serum for oily skin reduces oil oxidation by up to 76%
How to use:
In the morning after cleansing and toning, apply 4-5 drops of Silymarin CF to a dry face, neck, and chest before other skincare products. Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. When used together, SkinCeuticals antioxidants and broad-spectrum sunscreens provide comprehensive protection against signs of visible aging caused by environmental aggressors.
- L-Ascorbic Acid L-ascorbic acid is a potent form of Vitamin C that provides skin with effective protection against free radical damage, in addition to minimising the signs of visible ageing. This l-ascorbic acid serum contains 15% of the powerful antioxidant ingredient to refine skin texture, enhance skin radiance and reduce oxidative damage.
- Silymarin Silymarin is an antioxidant derivative of milk thistle, ideal for oily and acne-prone skin types as it works to prevent oil oxidation and is non-comedogenic so prevents the formation of clogged pores. The Silymarin CF Antioxidant Serum contains 0.5% silymarin, boosting antioxidant benefits for protection against free radicals.
- Ferulic Acid Ferulic acid enhances the effects of other antioxidants such as Vitamin C, to neutralise free radicals and provide preventative protection against visible signs of ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. This antioxidant serum is formulated with 0.5% ferulic acid to protect skin from external aggressors such as UV radiation.
- Salicylic Acid Salicylic acid is a BHA that offers skin a chemical exfoliation to refine pores and prevent the formation of blemishes, making the ideal ingredient for oily and acne-prone skin. The Silymarin CF vitamin c serum is formulated with 0.5% salicylic acid for effective oil-control and decongestion.
855290 57 – AQUA/WATER, ALCOHOL DENAT., ASCORBIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURETH-23, SILYBUM MARIANUM FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM CITRATE, SALICYLIC ACID, FERULIC ACID, D251111/1
Please be aware that ingredient lists for the products of our brand are updated regularly. Please refer to the ingredient list on your product package for the most up to date list of ingredients to ensure it is suitable to your personal use.